About The Nursing School
The need for training a sufficient number of nurses can hardly be overemphasized. One of the chief objects has been to provide facilities forewarning in nursing and midwifery in a suitable atmosphere. The school has the capacity for training about 300 students.
General Nursing – Midwifery Course
The aim of Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course is to prepare nurses with a sound educational programme along with personality development and with professional efficiency so that they can contribute maximum to the society. We keep the course up to date with latest professional & technological developments in nursing care services.
On completion of the course, the Nurses will render their service to the sick and suffering, demonstrating competency in providing proper health care and nursing techniques effectively.
Principal, Vice Principal, Senior Tutors, Tutor , Clinical Instructor and additional tutor as per INC and WBNC rule.
Three Class Rooms, Nursing Practice Laboratory, Community Practice Laboratory, Nutrition Laboratory & Computer Laboratory, Multipurpose Hall, Library etc.
We have many extracurricular activities like Inter School Competition in Music, Paintings etc., Saraswati Puja, and celebrations related to 15th August & 26th January respectively. “Student Nurses Association” conducts various competitions in which our school students participate.
Points for Considerations:
We have Community Health Nursing Field-practice area, Hostel & Hostel facilities etc.
- Charges will be required for Fooding, Lodging, Tuition fees etc. per year.
- General Nursing cum Midwifery (GNM) Course is of 3 years & is recognised by West Bengal Nursing Council (WBNC).
- Schedule Cast & Schedule Tribe seats are reserved as per rules of WBNC.
COURSES OF INSTRUCTIONS & SUPERVISED PRACTICE AREAS
First Year: Biological Science, Behavioural Science, Fundamentals of Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Rural & Urban Nursing, English.
Second Year: Medical & Surgical Nursing I + II, Mental Health, Psychiatric Nursing & Computer Education.
Third Year: Midwifery & Gynaecology, Community Health Nursing – II and Paediatric Nursing.
Internship: Educational Methods & Media, Introduction to Research, Professional Trends & adjustment, Health Economics.
Pupils are selected for the course after a written test, an interview and a medical check up.
After a course of instruction for three months, an examination is held and successful candidates take part in an impressive ceremony called Capping Ceremony after which they are given the NURSING CAP, a symbol of Nursing Service. At this ceremony they take vows, composed in lucid Sanskrit of life-long dedicated service to the sick and suffering.
Those who cannot pass the said examination are not eligible for continuing the training.
School of Nursing: Facilities
Pupils receive training in an atmosphere conducive to their all round development – physical, intellectual, moral and spiritual. Among the facilities are :
– A well-equipped demonstration room,
– A library with about 1,700 books
– A Seminar Hall
– Regular programme of in-service training for qualified nurses is conducted by the institution to improve and maintain a high standard to prepare them for higher courses. The nursing tutors and other members of the nursing staff are also encouraged to acquire higher professional qualifications.
– Among the other cultural and religious functions held during the year are Saraswati Puja, Christmas Eve, Independence Day and Republic Day. These are celebrated with great aplomb, with impressive parades and folk dances, tableaus and patriotic songs as befitting the different occasions.
National Anti-Ragging Helpline
- Phone No :- 18001805522
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ADMISSION**
- Date of online form fill up and payment of application fee: 1.9.2020 – 11:00 AM to 30.9.2020 – 5:00 PM
- Release of admit card to students from 12th Oct 2020.
- Date of Online Exam : 18th Oct 2020 – To be conducted at College Campus from 9:00 AM. Duration of Exam will be 1 Hours.
- Date of Publication of Result (1st Round):28th Oct 2020 – Selected candidate will be intimated through mail or phone calls.
- Date for Submission of Course fee & admission – 2nd Nov 2020 to 7th Nov 2020.
- Date of Publication of Result 2nd Round (if seat is not filled up from first list) : 8th Nov 2020
- Date for Submission of Course fee & admission – 2nd Round : 9th Nov 2020 to 12th Nov 2020
- Date of Starting Session: To be declared later as per govt directive.
In Case, any candidate from 1st List is not admitted within the specified date, the candidate from the second list will be called for admission without showing any reason to the defaulter. The candidate of the second list will go through the procedure mentioned above.
Admission procedure will be completed at college campus on all working day mentioned above. Candidate can pay the admission fees in Cash or by Draft in favour of “SANAKA EDUCATIONAL TRUST”.
** Schedule may be changed. Please stay update through website.